Microduino-GPRS/GSM module can get Microduino core board connected to the internet and achieve the function of sending and receiving messages when it is just inserted with a SIM card and follows some simple instructions.
- ESD protection;
- Capable of being charged by USB, li-ion or other power supply options;
- Support automatic baud rate detection function;
- Capable of sending AT instructions and data through the serial port;
- Small, cheap, stackable and open;
- Open hardware circuit design and Arduino compatible programming development environment;
- Uniformed Microduino interface standard and rich peripheral modules, capable of having a fast and flexible connection and extension with other modules and sensors in accord with Microduino interface standard;
- Easy to be integrated to pegboards with a 2.45-pitch female header connector interface.
Adopt SIM800L module to support four-band GSM/GPRS, whose working band is：GSM850, EGSM900, DCS1800 and PCS1900MHz.
- Electrical characteristics
- Working voltage：3.4V ~4.4V；
- The current consumption is 0.7 mA under the Sleep Mode
- GPRS data
- The maximum data transmission rate of GPRS is 85.6 kbps;；
- Build-in TCP/IP protocol；
- Encoding format：CS-1, CS-2, CS-3 and CS-4；
- Support Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)
- Serial debugging
- Support standard full-function serial as well as the transmission rate with a range from 1200bps to 115200bps;
- Support the serial port multiplexing function complying with GSM 07.10 protocol；
- SIM card power and base plant
You can use GSM library to test, https://github.com/Microduino/Microduino_Tutorials/tree/master/Microduino_Libraries/_03_Microduino_GSM_SIM800L
Note：This library only supports Microduino-core.
Send short messages using the example program.
- Hardware：Microduino FT232R, Microduino Core, Microduino GSM, USB cable or lithium battery；
- Software: GSM library, Arduino IDE (version 1.0.3 and higher)；
- Uncompressed the zip folder to libraries of Arduino IDE；
- Connect the Microduino FT232R and PC using USB cable to download program and monitor the serial port；
- USB cable or li-ion battery to charge the Microduino GSM module and press the power button for a long time to activate Microduino GSM for about 4 seconds. That the power-on indicator goes on shows a successful start.
- Download the test program:
- Open the test program, and then you need double check the following parameter:
- “#define NUM "13667928xxx"”：Need change to the number that receive message.
- “#define SMS_CEN "13010720xxx"”：Your message center for you own mobile phone number, you can find it in your phone. It isn't the necessary. If hit an issue during send a message, you can try it.
- Compile the program, select the board type "Microduino Core+ (Atmega644P@16M,5V)", download directly:
- Open the serial monitor, set the baud rate is 9600:
- Input "t", to send the message "wiki.microduino.cc";
- Input "d", you can make a call, but can't finish a normal call, because no the speaker and microphone;
- Input "h", you can submit a HTTP request to get some data from network;
- Input "s", you can send the sensor data to network.
- 如果你使用Microduino Core调试，你需要用到软串口（TX1，RX1）
- If you use the Microduino Core to debug, must use the Software Serail (TX1,RX1)
- Use the Software Serial library
SoftwareSerial mySerial(2, 3); // RX, TX
- Change the Serial1 to mySerial, it should be ok。
- If you use the Microduino CoreUSB to debug, you only need to change the serial to serial 0 (TX0,RX0).
- Does this module can be used to make a voice phone? Any voice pin was picked out?
- This module can’t be made a voice phone, because it doesn’t have pin.
- Does this module can work with Core+ module?
- Does this module can use Arduino GSM library?
- Does this module can use to 3G?
- No, it only supports GPRS and GSM.
- How to power on this module?
- There are two methods:
- Using the USB on attached module to supply the power, the voltage is 5V and the current MUST lager than 1A.
- Using Li-ion battery on attached module to supply the power, the Li-ion should be 3.7V.
BM module can power on the Core module and other module, such as 10DOF, but don't suggest to power GPRS/GSM module, because it is a big power consumption module.