'''[[Microduino-CC3000]]''' is a well-equipped wireless network module, which simplifies the implementation
process of Internet connectivity. SimpleLink ™ Wi-Fi can significantly reduce a host microcontroller ( MCU) software requirements, making it ideal for using in any low-cost and low-power MCU solution of embedded applications. |+|
'''[[Microduino-CC3000]]''' is a well-equipped wireless network module, which simplifies the implementation of . SimpleLinkWi-Fi can reduce ()software , making it ideal for using in any low-cost and low-power MCU of embedded applications.
| || |
| || |
Microduino-CC3000 is a well-equipped wireless network module, which can simplifies the implementation of the internet connection. SimpleLink? Wi-Fi can largely reduce MCU(Micro Controller Unit)'s software requirement of the host machine, making it ideal for using in any low-cost and low-power MCU of embedded applications.
- SimpleLink ™ Wi-Fi can significantly reduce a host microcontroller (MCU) software requirements;* Toggle switch controls the charging and discharging, reboot and sleep mode;
- SimpleLink ™ Wi-Fi SmartConfig ™ technology, a unique one-step activation process of Wi-Fi;
- Small, cheap, stackable, opened platform;
- Open source hardware circuit design, compatible with the Arduino IDE development environment for programming;
- Define unified interface Microduino specification and contain rich peripheral modules. Set up the quick connection with other Microduino modules and sensors easily and flexibly.
- 2.54 pitch row female connector for easy integration into breadboard.
- Wireless Network Processor
- IEEE 802.11 b/g
- Embedded IPv4 TCP/IP stack
- The best performance in radio industry
- Tx power：11Mbps CCK with +18dBm
- Rx sensitivity: 11Mbps CCK with -82dBm
- Work together with a low-cost microcontroller which using compact memory package and process a million instructions per second (MIPS)
- 2K bytes Flash
- 250 bytes RAM
- Low power consumption
- Use the FET, shutdown mode current is less than 5uA
- Operating temperature range
- Authenticated by U.S. Federal Communications Commission(FCC), Industry Canada(IC) and Council of Europe (CE)
- Based on Texas Instruments (TI)'s seventh generation Wi-Fi solutions.
SimpleLink ™ Wi-Fi SmartConfig ™ technology is an unique one-step activation process of Wi-Fi, the developer or end-user could configure current wireless network through other devices, such as smart phones, tablet PCs installed SmartConfig App program, and through the program CC3000 is equipped with a hardware circuit. The configuration information of Wifi environment includes SSID, wireless password, security authentication, and so on. Just one simple step can make no more than one display device connected to Wifi network to solve wirelessly connect to your home network and the cloud.
- Microduino-WiFi expansion board is used as a slave on the SPI bus, SPI master to communicate with Microduino
| Microduino-WiFi Module Pin
|| CC3000 Chip Pin
|| Micorduino Pin
|| SIP Bus clock
|| Microduino sends data to CC3000
|| CC3000 sends data to Micorduino
|| SPI Chip-select signal
|| Microduino set this PIN to high to enable CC3000
Eagle PCB File:Microduino-CC3000.zip
- Make sure +3.3 v power supply current can reach 200ma, not recommended for using FT232R debugging directly because FT232R output +3.3 v current is too small. The FT232R datasheet says you can draw up to 50 mA from its 3.3V output.
Arduino library and supported package
Notes for how to use the library
- CC3000 patch libry is used for upgarde the firmware and can't run it with Adafruit_CC3000's libray.
- If you want to make these two libraries compatible Microduino Core+：
- You need open the “Adafruit_CC3000_4Patching.cpp”（CC3000Patch）or “Adafruit_CC3000.cpp”（Adafruit_CC3000）in library's fold firstly；
- Find line that“#elif defined(__AVR_ATmega1281__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega2561__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega2560__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega1280__)” in file；
- Add this “ || defined(__AVR_ATmega1284P__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega644P__) ” in the tial of the last line.
- When using CC3000PATCH, please make sure any other cc3000 library should be removed to avoid conflict. And recommend use "Aroduino 1.01 or upper release", if you are using lower release, please re-install it again from zero.
- CC3000Patch can be used to upgarde the firmware of CC3000，you need copy the CC3000Patch.ino to "\examples\CC3000Patch\"；
- You need set the IRP,VBAT and CI correctly in your program,as follows:“#define CC3000_IRQ 2 ”、“#define ADAFRUIT_CC3000_VBAT 9”、“#define ADAFRUIT_CC3000_CS 10”；
- Detailed usage, please refer to author's README
- You need set the IRP,VBAT and CI correctly in your program,as follows:“#define CC3000_IRQ 2 ”、“#define ADAFRUIT_CC3000_VBAT 9”、“#define ADAFRUIT_CC3000_CS 10”
Upgrade the frimware of CC3000
- Recommend that upgarde the firmware of CC3000 to 1.24 using CC3000Patch，detaile usage refer to author's README
- （Note：Firmware upgrade process is operated via the serial port monitor, set the Arduino IDE newline terminator serial monitor is set to "newline and carriage return")
- After upgraed, delete the CC3000Patch library，and then start the Adafruit_CC3000 libray，you can run the included examples！
SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi SmartConfig™ Function
- If you want to use SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi SmartConfig™ function:
- Take the IOS as example，download the "TI WIFI SMARTCINFIG" from App Store firstly；
- Connect the IOS device to router，open the "TI WIFI SMARTCINFIG"，fill the route key in Password；
- Download the SmartConfigCreate to Microduino from the Adafruit_CC3000 library's examples；
- Open the serial port monitor（baud rade:115200），When “Waiting for a SmartConfig connection (~60s) ...” displayed，click the "Start" of TI WIFI SMARTCINFIG，waiting for result。