Product number of mCookie Sensor—Hall:MSDS41
mCookie Sensor-Hall is a linear hall sensor, which can detect the strength and polarity of the magnetic field.
Sensor hall is a magnetic field sensor based on Hall effect.
Hall effect is a kind of magnetoelectric effect, which is found by Hall（A.H.Hall）on 1879 when he was studying the conduction mechanism of the metal.
Description of Sensor Pins
| General Pin Out
|| Sensor / Trinket's Pin Out
| PIN1 (GND)
| PIN2 (VCC)
| PIN3 (SIGNAL-A)
|| Analog Input
| PIN4 (SIGNAL-B)
|| Not Connected
- General Pin Out is the standard pin out of a Sensor / Trinket connector.
- Sensor / Trinket's Pin Out is this specific Sensor / Trinket's wiring in relation to the General Pin Out.
- SIGNAL-A / SIGNAL-B are signals that could be digital input, digital output, analog input or analog output. Or special signals such as serial communication (SoftwareSerial, IIC (I2C), etc) or other special signals.
- Not Connected refers to the Pin not being used for this particular Sensor / Trinket.
- Read more about the hub module.
- With high detection sensitivity, and stability.
- A linear hall sensor with a polarity.
- With small size which is easy to install.
- Size of the sensor
- Size of the board: 23.5mm*13mm;
- 1.27mm-spacing 4Pin interface connected with sensorhub;
- Sensor CAD drawings: File:Sensor CAD.zip.
- Function description
- This sensor is 10-bit ADC（0~1023）, and the static value that the pin IO1 gets is 512;
- The strength of the magnetism changes according to south and north poles;
- If get close to the hall circuit from the back with the N pole, the output voltage will reduce, and the analog value will reduce（512~0）, too;
- If get close with S pole from the back, the output voltage will increase and the analog input value will increase（512~1023）, too;
- If from the front, the output state is opposite to from the back.
- This sensor can be connected with the following interfaces of the core: A0~A7.
- Referring to the following picture, connect the Sensor-Hall to the analog interface A0 of Microduino-Sensorhub.
- After the download, open the serial port monitor.
- Get close to the hall circuit from the back with S pole. The output voltage of both ends of the hall sensor is during 2.5V~5V, and the analog value it returns is during 512~1023.
- Get close to the hall circuit from the back with the N pole. The output voltage of both ends of the hall sensor is during 2.5V~0V, and the analog value it returns is during 512~0.
- If get close to the circuit from the front, the output state is opposite to from the back.
- It is suitable for the detection of magnetic field strength.