This lesson will show you how to control the stepping motor by Microduino-Stepper module, and welding the step motor control board.
- Connection method for the stepping motor：
Connect the stepper motor to Microduino-Stepper module:
- Four wire two phase stepper motor has two sets of coil A and B, each group coil's resistance is very small, only a few ohm. A and B group is absolutely insulation and disconnected. Measured with a multimeter, connected is a set;
- After measured group A and B, connect one group coil to OUT1A and OUT1B, the other group coil connects to OUT2A and OUT2B;
- By changing the MS1 & MS2 to change the stepping mode (Microduino-Stepper uses 1/16 stepping mode by default).
Stepper motor parameters：1.8deg/step, that is stepper motor moves one step turned every 1.8°.
- Step number=360/1.8*16=3200 step
Multiplied by 16 because Microduino A4982 default use 1/16 step mode.
- Step 1：Crop the pegboard as specified size；
- Step 2：Determine the Microduino's base position, then welding the circuit according to the schematics:
- Used library：【AccelStepper librarygithub下载 】
- Downlaod test program：File:Program Test A4982.zip
- Compile it and select the correct board type to download.
- Connect power (6-25V), the motor won't move in initial state;
- Press the button, the stepper motor will rotate as setted pace, and LED indicator lights, reverse rotation after a few laps, the cycle repeated;
- Press the button again, close the drive, LED indicator turn off.
We can control the four-wire two-phase stepping motor successfully by Microduino-Stepper module.