Here we use mCookie to build a simple watch, which can synchronize the time automatically in the WiFi environment.
We add the WIFI module in the tutorial, which can connect to the pre-set network after the power-up of the mWatch. When it is connected, the mWatch will synchronize network time automatically. And then acquiring time through the RTC module and displaying it on the OLED screen.
- Setup 1：Connect the CoreUSB to the PC/Mac with a USB cable and then open Arduino IDE.
- Setup 2：Click Files > Examples > mCookie > _301_mWatch_WiFi, and download the program.
- Setup 3：Load the code and copy the program to IDE; Select the right board and COM port for program download; When it pops up "Done Uploading" notice, it means the program has been written into the CoreUSB.
- Acquire network time function: " updateTimeData()"--Execute the statement to get the network time.
- Acquire RTC time function: " getRTC()"--Execute the statement to get RTC time.
- RTC time adjusting function: " setRTC()"--Execute the statement to re-set the RTC time.
- Notice for network connection initializing can be displayed by the OLED screen. (Inside setup() function.)
- Search for network: If successful, it'll pop up notice " softap ok " or it'll show " softap err ".
- Join in network: If successful, it'll show notice " Join AP success " or it'll show " Join AP failure ".
- Note for time acquiring: If successful, it'll be displayed on the OLED.
- Find this section of code above in the main program, enter WiFi user name and password in "". So it can connect to the internet and get precise time information.
- Find this section of code above from the rtc.h program, modify it as your time zone; Load the program to the CoreUSB after modifying and get precise time under WiFi environment.
- Setup 1：Connect the activated battery box and BM module.
- Setup 2：Stack all modules together without fixed order and finish circuit buildup.
Data and week is displayed on the first line; Time is displayed on the second line; Custom text is displayed on the third line.