- Project: Microduino Phone Bluetooth Controls Household Applications
- Purpose: Connect Microduino-BT and Microduino-Core by phone and have a Bluetooth communication to control smart switch and then to get a control of applications.
- Difficulty: High
- Time-consuming: 6-hour
- Maker: Microduino Studio-Ray
|Reformable patch board
|micro usb cable
Electric Control Board & Smart Power Plug
Electric control board consists of a pressure reduction module, a relay, Microduino 27pin slot and a wiring slot, which is easy to have an extensive connection with Microduino modules.
Put it into the socket and you can make a smart power plug. More details, please refer to: Microduino Wifi Controls Household Applications
Notice: Here the new version means Bluetooth 4.0 and Android 4.3 higher supportable.
Here offers Android APP.
Support old version of BT module:
Support new version of BT module:
Microduino Test Program:
APP two-dimension code QQ scan download:
Old BT module:
New BT module:
Step 1: Inside smart power plug:
- Step 2: Make sure your BT serial connection is D4, D5 by default.
Soft serial port used in program test is D4 and D5.
- If you adopt D2 and D3
- If adopting Core board, please change “SoftwareSerial mySerial(4, 5);” to “SoftwareSerial mySerial(2, 3);”.
- If adopting Core+, you need to change “mySerial” in loop to “Serial1”.
- If using D0, D1.
- You need to change “mySerial” in loop to “Serial” and do not stack BT while program download or it’ll cause serial conflict.
- Step 3: Build the circuit
Stack all modules needed.
- Step 4: Download test program and open it.
- Make sure the serial port of your BT is right, which can refer to Step 2. Compile program and download after that.
- Step 5: Download Android client and then decompress and open it. It will notice users to open Bluetooth device.
- Step 7: When the status changes from “Serial Present” to “Serial Ready”, you can start communication.
Click switch button on your phone and it means a successful communication if showing “power on” or “power off” on serial monitor on PC.
Step 8: Take off USBTTL module on receiving end, fixate the socket and Microduino module and plug in, making sure offer power for the application to be controlled. Here we adopt a small humidifier.
Adjust the switch to smart control mode.
Use Microduino to achieve the control of household applications with Bluetooth device.
- Make sure BT serial port is right.
- Android 4.3 or higher supportable.